Protea is the leader in biomarker discovery methodology and protein sample preparation. Our integrated platform features mass spectrometry based analysis and generation of high quality data. We specialize in the discovery, qualification and verification of tough to identify biomarkers in all phases of clinical and pre-clinical studies.
Working in the spirit of established Good Laboratory Practices, the team at Protea effectively uses established techniques to discover and fully characterize biomarkers from any bio-fluid, tissue, solution or gel-based sample. We are experienced in analyzing blood and blood products, body fluids and tissues for the characterization of biomarkers.
Building on the imaging platform of the LAESI DP-1000, Protea’s Biomarker Discovery team can identify and correlate biomarkers associated with the following biological states:
- Exploration of any physiological pathway in cells and tissues (human, animal)
- Identify the molecular mechanisms of drug action
- Surrogates for clinical response to therapy
- Circulating biomarkers that indicate disease
- Oncology targets
- Secreted proteins for therapeutics
- Infectious disease targets
- Risk analysis that allows for quick, go, no-go drug development efforts
Our forward thinking team of scientists’ looks to incorporate the mission and vision of our organization with the innovative thinking and support of the FDA through creation of projects that strategically align with the Critical Path Initative, a plan created to accelerate approvals of novel drugs by integrating biomarkers into the clinical trial process. Protea’s Biomarker Discovery platforms are offered as client specific projects that build the foundation to support clinical studies.